Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my! And goats, too! Don't forget the fish, elephants, flamingos, turtles, gorillas, and more! Last week, Grammy took Mom & me on our very first trip to Riverbanks Zoo. We had a grrrrrr-reat time! I saw so many animals that I can't even remember all of their names. Mom was trying to help me make the right animal sounds as we went by each exhibit so I would be able to talk to them. I got to feed the goats, give nectar to some little birds, watch penguins swim in the tanks, and sit on a big turtle (well, a turtle statue). I even got to ride on three different things! Can you figure out what they were? One goes "choo-choo", one goes "neighhhh", and the other spins around and plays songs . . . you guessed right -- a train, a pony, and a merry-go-round! Grammy bought me a membership card for the rest of the year, so if you want to come and visit me I can take you to see the animals, too!

Since my last post, Mom decided that we would go to McLeod's Peach Farm in McBee to get some delicious peaches. What she didn't tell me was that there were dozens of huge tractors there that I could ride on! Boy, was I surprised. I've been to McLeod's before, but I guess I was such a little squirt that I didn't notice the grand machinery. I sat on almost every tractor and steered it to the left and to the right. They also had a classic car museum that we looked in, but I didn't like it as much because I couldn't touch anything. But when Gramps came to visit me, we took him there to see the cars -- some of the styles he even remembered riding in when he was little!

I'll sign off with a Happy Birthday wish to my Granddeddy -- we were all thankful that he didn't catch his face on fire trying to blow out the 61 candles we put on his cake. I've heard about the "Stop, Drop, & Roll" . . . I'll have to get Dad to practice that with me!


Love you lots,

Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "7:55 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: My wobbly walk has turned into a wobbly run

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Levi!!!
Can I go to the zoo with you sometime??? It looks like you did have a grrrrreat time! Next time you come to Granny's, maybe we could go to the Children's Museum at Old Salem---I hear that it is fun, too. Tell your Mommy thanks for this great story blog---I think she needs to print it out and strongly consider using her writing gift to bless many others (and maybe save ahead for your college days, too!).
Have fun running after Meli!
Love,
Granny

Anonymous said...

Hi Levi!!!
Can I go to the zoo with you sometime??? It looks like you did have a grrrrreat time! Next time you come to Granny's, maybe we could go to the Children's Museum at Old Salem---I hear that it is fun, too. Tell your Mommy thanks for this great story blog---I think she needs to print it out and strongly consider using her writing gift to bless many others (and maybe save ahead for your college days, too!).
Have fun running after Meli!
Love,
Granny