Saturday, July 26, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do . . . Mmmm, I love bananas -- don't you? I like to call them ninas instead of nanas, but they are just as delicious! Well, except this one in the picture. Here I am during Vacation Bible School at Shamrock Baptist Church. We had an awesome time! Our program this year was from Answers in Genesis (answersingenesis.org) and we learned all about creation -- just the way the Bible tells it! Our theme verse was from John 17:17, "Your Word is truth."

Did you know that some people think that we came from monkeys? That was about the silliest thing I'd ever heard . . . I mean, do I look anything like my friend at the top? All of us were made in God's image, just like Genesis 1:26 says. Also, did you know that God made all of the land animals & people on the same day? That means that we lived side-by-side with the dinosaurs! In fact, I learned that there are several references in the Bible that talk about animals that could have been dinosaurs (nobody used "dinosaur" until the 1800s, so that word isn't in there). Here's another quick fact . . . the Bible tells us that the earth is really only about 6,000 years old, not millions of years old. And, it doesn't take millions of years to form a fossil -- in fact, many of the fossilized bones we find were buried during the flood. Whew! I learned a lot, huh? And so did everyone else, children and adults alike! If you want to learn even more, click on the website link above and sign up for the Answers in Genesis newsletter.

During Vacation Bible School, we played games, did crafts, ate snacks, sang songs, and so much more. We played so hard that we were all worn out by the end, so Gee-Gee came the next week to babysit me! Mom had to teach some adult classes, so she needed some help. I mean, I can be a handful sometimes. Gee-Gee spent the whole week with me, and we had so much fun playing with toys and running around outside. Then last week, Granny came to help because Mom had to teach again. Granny & I did all sorts of things, and on Wednesday we got to go to my cousin Trapp's birthday party! He had it at a play-place with huge blow-up bouncy things . . . I bounced here, and there, and everywhere! Maybe when I get older I can have a party there, too!


I love you,

Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "2:32 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Began saying "I love you"

No comments: