Friday, October 31, 2008

Watch out for your candy!
The Treat-o-saurus is back from extinction . . . and so are Mom & I! It's been a long time since my last blog post, and so much has happened! My biggest and best news of all is that I'm going to be . . . are you ready? A BIG BROTHER! I'll have another little dinosaur to play with by the time May rolls around! For the past few months, Mom has been telling me about all the important things a big brother has to do, and I've been practicing! One thing is that you have to be a big helper when your little brother or sister doesn't feel well. I've had a lot of practice with that one, because Mom has been sick for a long time! She told me that when God is making a special little baby, sometimes the Mommy gets a tummyache. I know tummyaches aren't any fun, so I've been a big boy by playing on my own, patting Mom's head, and trying to put my toys away (well, sometimes). Big brothers have to put their own toys away, and help the baby with his or her toys. Big brothers also have to share, so I'll be in charge of showing the new baby how to play with all of my . . . I mean, our toys!

Sometimes after a new baby comes, it gets a lot of attention. And, at holidays and birthdays, the new baby will get presents, too. Another thing Mom told me is that big brothers can't unwrap their little brother's or sister's presents. Well, I've had a lot of practice with this rule recently, too, at Gee-Gee's and Mom's surprise birthday parties! In September, we threw an 80th birthday surprise party for Gee-Gee with all the trimmings. We put up old-timey pictures, invited all of her long-time friends, and even had a cake shaped like a spool of thread. Gee-Gee had to have an operation on her heart a few months ago, so we were glad that the party cheered her up! In October, Dad threw a luau surprise party for Mom's 30th birthday. She couldn't believe it! We had blow-up palm trees, tropical animals, and even a cake with four monkeys on it (one for each of us & one for the baby). Mom had a lot of fun visiting with her friends and family. Next month, it'll be my turn to have another birthday!

Big brothers have to be brave at the doctor's office so that little brothers and sisters won't be scared to go. I was very brave at my last visit because I had to get shots again. I'll be glad when those things are all done! When the nurse weighed and measured me, I was in the 95th growth percentile for my age. That means I'm a big boy! I'm 34 pounds and 3 feet tall. Mom's only a little over 5 feet, so before you know it I'll be catching up to her!

Some other fun things I've done since my last post were help at a family yard sale, go to the pumpkin patch, get my hair cut, have my picture made, and play games at our church's Fall Festival! We had face painting, a cake walk, egg toss, pumpkin hunt, trunk-or-treat, and more! We even had two of the local fire trucks there for us to sit in and push the buttons. Afterwards, we went on a hayride and I got to sit on the big green tractor. Tonight I am going to another festival with Grammy & Granddeddy! (But I'll have to hide my candy because Mom has already been eating it.)

It was fun getting to share all of this with you, and now that I'm back to blogging, I'll see you again soon!


With love,

Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "10:23 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Can sing full choruses of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Mary Had a Little Lamb", "Happy Birthday to You", and "Jesus Loves Me"

No comments: