Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater . . . pumpkin pies, pumpkin cookies, pumpkinbread -- I love them all! My pumpkins and I had a great time during the month of November. I would have had a couple of blog posts, but Mom's computer was sick for a long time. The farmer in her Dell (or whatever it is that makes it run) has been lying down on the job lately. Hopefully, it's finally fixed for good and I can keep you updated on the happenings in Bethune!
Do you know some things that come in twos? Elephants, tigers, zebras, mice, dogs, and cats did . . . on Noah's Ark, that is! Do you know what else comes in twos? Me! I am now a big 2-year-old kid! I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday with all of my family & friends, including Noah & the animals. We partied over in the White House with balloons, streamers, ark decorations, stuffed animals, and a rainbow pinata. We ate yummy pizza, and Mom made cupcakes that each had a little animal on top. The kids even got colorful animal masks to wear! I tore open lots of presents, including a cool drum set and a bunch of toy cars. I even got my very first pair of cowboy boots from Grammy & Granddeddy . . . giddy-up, horsie! Afterwards, we went to our new children's park in Kershaw and monkeyed around on all the playground toys. Thank you so much to everyone who came (and thanks especially to my Granny who helped Mom a lot) -- I hope you had as much fun as I did!
Speaking of being thankful, did you have a terrific Thanksgiving? We went to Grammy & Granddeddy's house in Columbia and all the family came. We had delicious fried turkey ("delicious" is one of my favorite words to say now), macaroni & cheese, sweet potato casserole, dressing & gravy, and lots of other good stuff. We even had some cookies shaped like turkies! We were all very thankful to the Lord for everything He has blessed us with this year. After we ate, my cousins and I played outside for awhile. Do you know what we did? We hunted Easter eggs! The neighbors probably all thought that we had our holidays mixed up, but what they didn't know was that the eggs weren't from chickens . . . they were turkey eggs! It made perfect sense to us. I hope we can carry on that Thanksgiving tradition.
So, about the baby -- who thinks I am having a little brother (please raise your hand)? Who votes for a little sister (please raise your hand)? Well, the "sisters" have it . . . Mom's got a girl in there! I'll have to practice being real gentle and playing easy (which is not something I'm very good at right now), especially since I'm having a sister instead of a brother. Well, maybe she'll still like to wrestle.
Love,
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "8:54 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Turning 2-years-old, of course!
1 comment:
Hey, Levi! I sure do miss seeing you! Are you being a good boy, so that Santa Claus will come and see you?
I'll see you in a few days when you come to my house for Christmas. We'll have to celebrate Christmas a little early this year, but that is okay. I'll just get to see you a little sooner!
Tell your Mom to let you call me! Can't wait to see you!
Love, Gramps
Post a Comment