Wednesday, December 24, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas . . . and a Happy New Year! Last month I celebrated my birthday, and this month I get to celebrate Jesus' birthday! I love this time of year! This is actually my third Christmas, so I'm an old pro at the whole
"naughty or nice" stuff (I've tried to be a very good boy this year). Next Christmas I'll get to show my little sister how things are done!

I have had so much fun already visiting with friends and family, and I even sat on Santa's lap! Did I mention that he came all the way from the North Pole to my house in Bethune? He didn't have any reindeer, and he looked a whole lot like my older friend "Papa" at church, but it must have been Santa! He had a fluffy white beard, a bright red suit, and lots of candy canes. I was a little nervous at first, but I began listing all of the things I thought I might like for Christmas (cars, trucks, etc.), and then I felt better. Did you know that the real Santa Claus lived a long, long time ago and was a missionary? That's right . . . he brought toys around every Christmas to the orphans and children in his community. He loved Jesus and knew the true meaning of the season! We made some Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes at church, so I got to share some toys with other children, too!

I'll be back soon with more pictures and fun holiday stories, but for now, I'd like to wish everyone a Christmas full of blessings and cheer!


"And the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'"
Luke 2: 10-11
*
*
Season's Greetings,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "12:55 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: My first visit with Santa Claus

No comments: