Thursday, March 11, 2010

Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, happy soul . . . What a great day in the snow! Mom and I had such a "cool" time building our snowman, throwing snowballs, making snow angels, and eating snow cream! We woke up to this wintry surprise the weekend of Valentine's Day, and I was so excited I almost forgot about all of the yummy heart candy that was in my near future. Baby Lydia was excited, too, until Mom tried to squeeze her into a tiny snowsuit that used to be hers when she was a baby. As you can see in the pictures, this made for a very unhappy snowbunny. But after she had a taste of the snow cream, everything was better!

After we came inside for some hot chocolate and a rest, Dee-Da took me back out in the snow to play. I ran to show him our snowman, but I couldn't find him anywhere! There was only a watery lump of snow where he had been. And I guess he must have gotten hot, because he left his hat and scarf on the ground, too. So, the only thing left to do was make another snowman! And that's what we did. The snow was all gone by the evening, but it sure was a fun day!

There was another really exciting thing that happened right before Valentine's Day -- Baby Lydia started crawling! She can really move fast, and she wants to explore everything! I think she gets that from me. I tried to explain to her that only food is supposed to go inside your mouth, but she still likes to taste everything anyway. She's also getting three teeth on the top, so altogether that will be five! (I'm becoming a pretty good counter.) Lydia also claps, waves, blows kisses, and dances to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song. She's sure getting to be a busy little bee!

Over the past few weeks, I've done some pretty fun stuff while visiting with all the grandparents, like go to the zoo, play with the trains at the bookstore, and visit with my great-grandmoms. This weekend Lydia & I get to go to our friend Reagan's birthday party, and Mom & Dad are also taking us to a children's production of The Wizard of Oz at the theatre in Camden. Mom told me about Dorothy and Toto, and I can't wait to see the lions, and tigers, and bears . . . oh, my!
*
*
Love always,
*
Levi

*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "11:46 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.

Milestones of the month: Crawling, of course, and memorizing a Bible verse (I did that, not baby sissy) -- Genesis 1:1

1 comment:

Granny said...

Hi Levi and Lydia!
Thanks for coming to visit us recently! WOW, I did not realize that you could build such a neat snowman! I see that this snow bunny is a lot bigger than your Mom when she wore that suit!---no wonder she was a bit squeezed in! We love you and can't wait for your Easter visit---to see your Daddy, too!
Love,
Granny