Friday, April 30, 2010

He Lives! He Lives! Christ Jesus Lives Today! For my very first Easter celebration, I sure had an egg-cellent time! Levi shared with me a special story about Jesus, the cross, and the empty tomb . . . if I could say it, I'd shout, "Hallelujah!" (This big, wonderful word does begin with the same letter as hot dog: the only word-phrase I've clearly said other than Da-Da and Ma-Ma. Mom isn't sure if we can count that as my first word out of consideration for my Granny, the dietitian. As a side note, I haven't eaten any hot dogs, but I have enjoyed an episode or two of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my brother. The theme song starts, "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity-dog!")

I've watched Mom crack open eggs in the kitchen before, but I never knew that some of them had candy hidden inside! During the Easter Egg-stravaganza at church, I went on a fun egg hunt, won prizes, and watched the big kids play some crazy games with real eggs. I enjoyed opening my candy-filled eggs while Levi enjoyed tossing & cracking open the real ones. It was a little yucky, but lots of fun! Did you go on an egg hunt this year?

After our Easter Sunday service, we drove all the way to Mimaw's house for a yummy lunch and family visit. I really had a great time seeing everyone, playing outside, and wriggling my toes around in the nice soft grass. Mom said I looked like a little bunny with my two bottom teeth sticking out, but now I'm growing another one down there which makes a total of seven! I'll be crunching carrots in no time!

Since our last post, I've started standing by myself, playing peek-a-boo, climbing everything, and I just had my first bottle of regular ol' milk. It's quite refreshing! I also just returned from my furthest road trip -- to Tim & Teresa's house! We packed up the van and headed north so that Dee-Da could lead revival at their church. While we were there, Teresa took us to a children's museum and to ride on a neighbor's horse! Well, Levi rode on the horse and fed pretzels to a goat while I napped. We are so grateful that the Lord has blessed us with wonderful friends like those two!
*
*
Love,
*
Your soon-to-be-first-birthday-girl, Lydia
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "7:55 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestones of the month: Enough about me . . . Levi has memorized another Bible verse (Proverbs 17:17) and is almost completely potty-trained -- I'm so proud of him

No comments: