Did you know that butterflies are a symbol of the resurrection? 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation . . . " Just like a butterfly starts out as a caterpillar, and then pops out of its cocoon as a new creation! Isn't that neat? So we had all kinds of butterfly things at my party -- wings for the girls to decorate & wear (the boys made caterpillar hats), butterfly balloons, cakes shaped like butterflies, butterfly suckers & other goodies, butterfly & cocoon games, and a little butterfly baby pool for my buddies to splash in. My older friends played in the big pool, ran through the sprinkler, and slid down the Slip-N-Slide. And don't forget the bubbles . . . we blew lots of bubbles! It was a beautiful butterfly day!
Do you know what else I did on the day of my party? I took my first steps! After all the partying was done, my family was visiting in the living room and I decided to surprise them. Since then, I have been taking steps daily (my record is 4 steps in a row). I've also learned a few more words, including banana & ball (my most-used is still bye-bye), and my new favorite snack is blueberries. They are delicious!
I have been practicing my walking, but Levi has been working hard practicing his swimming. He has been taking swimming lessons for the past two weeks, and he is turning into quite the little fishy! He can dip under water, kick his legs, move his arms, and jump off the side. I can't wait until I'm big enough to splash and play with him!
*
*
Love you bunches,
*
Lydia
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "10:50 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
Milestones of the month: Levi has memorized 6 Bible verses & I went to my first movie in the theatre, Shrek 4
Entertaining Levi quotes (as told by Lydia):
*Each time we headed out to the beach, Levi would hang his towel around his neck, grab his sand shovel, and repeat, "Surf's Up! Surf's Up!"
*One day Levi was frustrated with Mom and started to say that he was going to kick her. When he realized he would be in trouble, he decided to say, "First I'm going to buy an egg, and then a chicken will hatch out of it, and then it will bite you on the nose!" Mom tried to be a good disciplinarian, but she was laughing too hard.
2 comments:
She is so darn cute!
Dear Lydia,
I have loved butterflies ever since I was a little girl, but you were the VERY PRETTIEST one I have ever seen! Thank you for inviting us to your fabulous party! Your Mom and Dad worked really hard to make your celebration extra special!!!! I have not seen so many neat butterfly creations!
You are a sweet 1!
Love,
Granny
Post a Comment