All the
Live-Long
Day . . . Can you spot me waving in front of the enormous locomotive? There's nothing like a good old-fashioned day at the South Carolina Railroad Museum to get your pistons pumping and your boiler bubbling! We took a day trip to Winnsboro last month to learn even more about our state's train-tastic history (even though I know quite a bit on the subject already). We wandered through cabooses and train cars, looked at old artifacts, played on a wooden train table, and took an hour-long ride along the tracks! While we were chug-chug-chugging, we passed all kinds of antique railroad equipment, old freight cars, quarry rocks, and other cool stuff. It was a Rockton & Rion good time . . . I hope to hear the conductor call "All Aboard!" again soon!
Do you know another exciting event that has happened since my last post? Let me give you three clues -- reading, writing, & arithmetic! Fortunately, I don't think Mrs. Pam knows about the "hickory stick" thing. I started PRESCHOOL! It has been so much fun, and I've already learned a lot, too. Mom takes me on Tuesday & Thursday mornings, and I get to stay until lunchtime. My friends there are really great, and a few of them love trains as much as I do! Mrs. Pam has a cool train building set that we work on together. We also read stories, learn at the "Listening Rug", paint pictures, play outside, have snack, use scissors, dress-up in costumes (my favorite is the firefighter outfit), and practice our colors, letters, and numbers. And most importantly, we learn about Jesus! Can you believe I have my very own bookbag & cubby hole? Also, at the end of each week, I get a sticker on my apple if I was on my best behavior. Three weeks = three stickers . . . so far, so good!
Mom and I are typing this post from Garden City Beach, so we're going to make like the ocean and "wave" bye-bye for now! We'll have another post soon to share all our vacation adventures. Be sure to look for our animal pictures at the right -- we've got swans, a turtle, and a tiger! Also, if you didn't see it last time, please click on Our Summer Slide Show!
*
*
With love,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "11:39 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestones of the month: Lydia knows all the parts of her face (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc.), can repeat most one and two-syllable words, and is starting to tell us when she needs a fresh diaper; Granddeddy bought me my very first real set of junior golf clubs (it was Dee-Da's birthday, but I got the big present!)
*
Entertaining Levi quotes (as told by Lydia):
*A few months ago, Mom was fixing Levi a bagel and asked him if he wanted it plain. He didn't quite understand what she meant, so after thinking about it a minute, he replied, "Mom, I just want it bald-headed." So, now this is a normal saying for our family. If we're talking about anything at all that's plain or bare, it is bald-headed.
*We were walking through the mall, and Levi stopped to say 'hey' to one of the kiosk workers (aren't you impressed that a one-year-old knows the word "kiosk"?). He asked Levi his name and so forth. Dee-Da was standing next to Levi, and the worker asked Levi who that was beside him. Levi said, "This is my friend, Pastor Roy." We all got a good laugh out of that one.
1 comment:
Hey, Levi and Lydia - it's Gramps! I enjoyed reading your updated blog; what a busy, fun summer both of you have had!I especially liked reading about your trip to see the trains; what fun! That really must have been a big engine, levi; you looked tiny standing beside it! Granny and I were really glad that you came to visit us for a couple of days at the beach; next year, you'll have to come earlier and stay longer! I can't wait to see both of you again soon!
Love,
Gramps
Post a Comment