Tuesday, December 7, 2010

They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8, shunting trucks & hauling freight . . .
red & green & brown & blue -- they're the really useful crew! Guess who chugged on over to wish me a happy 4th birthday? Thomas the Train & Friends! We partied at the McDonald's Playplace in Camden, and had a chicken-nuggety, french-fry-licious good time! My friends got conductor hats, bandanas, and train whistles; I got a pile of presents! I am so thankful to all of my grandparents, cousins, & friends for coming to my birthday party . . . I'm already planning for next year!

Speaking of birthdays, do you know who's having a birthday celebration soon? That's right -- JESUS! Since Jesus owns everything, He doesn't really need any gifts, so we made up some boxes for the little kids who don't get Christmas presents. I helped Mom & Lydia shop for our church's Operation Christmas Child gifts, and we picked out some good stuff. I know they will enjoy opening their boxes! The only thing I was sad about was not getting to meet the children . . . Mom kept telling me that they lived far away, but I thought they would be there to play with me when we dropped off our boxes. Bah-humbug. Anyway, maybe when I get older I can be a volunteer to deliver the gifts & meet the kids!

We also began preparing for Christmas by helping Mom decorate and going to get our tree. When we arrived at the tree farm, I asked Dad & Mom where the frozen trees were. "What?" Mom said. I knew she told me to look for the frozen trees. Finally I said, "Mom, where on earth are the frozen fir trees?" Oh, I guess I meant frasier fir trees! She laughed and pointed me in the right direction. Then, I got to help pick out the best one for our house. (The nice Christmas tree people also let me sit on their tractor!)

In the next week, I'll be a sheep in the preschool Christmas play and a shepherd in the church Christmas play. And, Lydia will be a cute little angel in the church play. We can't wait! Hopefully we can squeeze in one more holiday post before the big day, but until then, Merry Christmas!
*
*
Season's Greetings,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "2:39 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.

Milestones of the month: Levi took a trip to the dentist for the first time (no cavities!); Lydia is growing like a little weed, is very independent (won't eat unless she can hold the spoon!), answers with "yes" & "no", wears everyone else's shoes around the house, loves to dance, and soon will be using our little potty

Entertaining Levi quote (as told by Lydia): We were all together at the house and a rather loud horn-like noise came from Levi's bottom area. Mom said, "What was that?!" Levi replied, "I had to poot that frog out so he could hop away!"

No comments: