Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Snow Day! And, Happy Valentine's Day! We didn't have snow on Valentine's Day, but it seemed like it lasted almost that long! Here is our gigantic sports-themed snowman, complete with soccer ball head and golf ball buttons. He may not look that gigantic in the picture, but if you could see how tall Levi has gotten, you'd say, "That's a big snowman!" We measured our snow, and it was about six inches deep. That's a lot for Bethune! We played in it as long as we could, but before long it became like an ice skating rink, and I'm just not that good at ice skating yet. But, it sure was pretty!

Levi decided that it was time for a "Lydia's Top Ten" . . . the top ten things about me that you might want to know (or might make you laugh)!

10) I know and can name all of my brother's favorite characters: Thomas the Train, Mickey Mouse, Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and so forth . . . and I love singing the "Bob the Builder" theme song. Cinderella who?

9) I can count all the way to 15, but sometimes I might skip a few!

8) My favorite past time is trying on everyone else's shoes; I can even run in Mom's high heels!

7) Even though I can hang with my brother, I love girly things like hair bows, baby dolls, jewelry, and lip gloss. Mom even lets me put on some of her chapstick when we're getting ready to go out!

6) When I'm not trying on shoes, I absolutely adore cleaning (which makes my Dad very happy). I pull the dishtowels down and clean up messes all over the house. I wipe the floors, the walls, my face, and anything else that needs a good swipe! I also enjoy helping Mom pull the clean silverware out of the dishwasher.

5) I can sing the alphabet song, but only the first half is really understandable.

4) Throwing things in the trash can is the most fun! (But sometimes I throw in things that aren't supposed to go there.)

3) I am 28 pounds of pure Daddy's girl, and I love talking with him when he gets home from work. I even have a "Daddy Dance" that I do around the kitchen when I first see him in the morning. Of all the words I can say, he always wants to hear "I love you!"

2) I had my first trip to the emergency room on my Uncle Brendan's birthday (January 23rd). I pulled a heavy cinder block down onto my poor little foot. You won't catch me touching one of those things again! No broken bones, but a yucky black & blue bruise.

1) My favorite song is "Jesus Loves Me" and if you ask me very nicely, I will sing it for you!
*
*
Love you bunches,
*
Lydia
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "2:13 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Entertaining Levi quote (as told by Lydia): Levi was playing trains with Dad and something happened that he didn't like. Some people might say, "Oh, no!", "Gee whiz!", or "Aw, shucks!" But Levi exclaims, "Oh, buffers and steel wheels with puffed out smoke!" Expressions of a true train fanatic.

No comments: