Saturday, July 2, 2011

British Soccer Camp, eh? Another summer of "blokes", "blimey", "fish & chips", and "football"! Here I am with my three Challenger British Soccer Camp coaches: Myles, Ben, & Dom. Myles (on the left) was my main coach; it was his first year and first week of camp, so we broke him in. We learned all kinds of soccer skills, practiced in teams, played fun games, and most importantly, had drinks & snacks. My favorite game we played was the "monster" game. Coach Myles picked one player to be the monster, and that player was supposed to dribble the ball away from the others. He chose me to be the monster a lot because I have a really loud monster GROWL! And, maybe because I needed the most practice. But anyway, it was fun! I can't wait to see what color of jersey we get next year (I hope for red . . . it's my favorite)!

Also during June, we had "Gold Rush: Discovering the Rock of Ages" Vacation Bible School! As usual, it "rocked"! We learned Bible stories, sang songs, played games, ate snacks, and made crafts: a "Names of Jesus" bandana, a miner's journal with pick ax pen, a prospector's pouch, a Mason jar tea light holder, and a Mason jar lid Christmas ornament. People who lived back then really only had Mason jars, I guess. We got to dress up like Wild West folks (except without the guns), and ride around on stick horses. It was a rootin'-tootin' good time! If you want to learn more about this Answers in Genesis VBS, just click on our western pictures at the right!
*
*
Love always,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "5:21 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Entertaining Levi quote (as told by Lydia): Levi always uses the word "preacher" in place of "creature"; so we hear, "Mom, did you see those scary green preachers?" or "Can we watch the Scooby-Doo with the alien preachers?"

1 comment:

Teresa said...

They are growing up so fast! I can't believe Levi is playing with the big boys now :) and Lydia is so pretty! Miss you all so much and are praying for you. If it's no trouble for you would love some recent pictures! HUG & KISS the sweet ones for me..
Love you Bunches!
Teresa