Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm
walkin'
on
sunshine
. . . We worked really hard this summer for our beach vacation! First, Mom had to go to a teachers' conference in Charleston for a whole week, and left us to tend to Dee-Da, Granny, and Gee-Gee. Now, that was a big job! We were able to hold down the fort for awhile, but Mom returned just in time. Then, we had to let Dee-Da go to Peru for two whole weeks on a mission trip. It was tough, but we knew that the people over there on the river (the Amazon) needed to learn about Jesus. While he was away, we did get to go on another short beach trip with Grammy & Granddeddy, so that wasn't very hard work. I guess going to Edventure with our friends, Steve & Patty, and swimming at Mrs. Phoebe's pool party wouldn't be considered hard work, either; or eating at the July 4th barbeque, or playing at McLeod Farms' Peach Festival. But Lydia & I put in our share; I guarantee that!

So, the week after Dee-Da came back home from his trip, we went to the beach. I had two requests: to play games at the arcade & go for a round of miniature golf. The beach is very sandy, and Dee-Da and I would rather not go there. Lydia had one request: to jump in the pool. Fortunately, we managed to at least have her arm floaties on when she jumped in this year. We both really like the pool, and I can play all around in the shallow end because I can stand up! Actually, Mom measured me this week and I am about 1-1/2 inches away from being 4 feet tall! We will measure Lydia, too; as soon as we can get her to stand still long enough.

One other hard-working thing I did this summer was join the Reading Club at the public library. I read for 15 hours (with Mom), so I was awarded a reading medal and a certificate! Mom & Dad were really proud of me. I even wore my medal this past week to preschool and told my teachers all about it. They were proud of me, too. We tried to help Lydia complete her Reading Club hours, but she doesn't really want to sit still long enough to read a book. Mom usually gets one page in at a time. But she sure is a smart little rascal!
*
*
Love,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "8:01 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.

Milestones of the month: Lydia pee-peed in the big potty for the first time; she has expanded her repertoire of songs to include full versions of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Happy Birthday to You", "Jesus Loves Me", "This Little Light of Mine", "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and many more (we can cut a CD at your request)

No comments: