Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's Hinesville or BUST! I'm packing myself up and Dad's shipping me to
Georgia . . . we're moving to the peach state! He's going to be the pastor at the First Baptist Church in the city of Hinesville (Mom says it's about 40 minutes south of Savannah). We are all very excited! Of course, I will miss all my wonderful friends here, and all of the great times we've had at Shamrock Baptist Church. Levi & I will always be Bethunians -- you can take the kid out of Bethune, but you can't take the turkey (feathers) out of the kid! We hope to visit and keep in touch with all of our Shamrock family.

We've started packing up our things, but it seems like it will be a never-ending job! Levi & I are trying to keep an eye on our toys . . . you know, making sure they get packed safely and carefully. We are being big helpers. Mom especially likes it when I tell her that, "I CAN DO IT ALL BY MYSELF!" I know she appreciates my extra efforts. Some of my other favorite sayings are: "I'm not mad; I'm just upset"; "Let's count! 1, 2, 3 . . ." (I can go up to about 40); and "Ha-Ha, very funny!" Mom's also curious about whether or not other children growl at their parents? Because I do -- but just if there's something going on that I don't like. Some of my current hobbies are drawing & coloring, getting my toenails painted, dressing my dolls, taking off my shoes, cleaning with baby wipes, and making all kinds of faces at people. I also really like to talk on the phone, and most of the time I call my friend, Mrs. Phoebe (well, I usually do that on my toy phone). I will really miss Mrs. Phoebe when we move!

We would love it if you would pray for us during our move! For safety, for peace, for courage, and for however God will use our family in Hinesville. Look out, First Baptist, here come the Broughmans!
*
*
With Georgia on my mind,
*
Lydia
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "11:35 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.

No comments: