Friday, August 17, 2007

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home . . . and all the rest of us piggies went to Severn Baptist Church in North Carolina! Pastor Tim invited Daddy to come and preach for the revival at his church this year, and we had such a great time visiting with all the people. We left for Severn last Saturday, and the revival lasted from Sunday morning until Wednesday night. I tried really hard to be a big boy during the services, so I got to stay in every single one (I only talked just a little bit). My favorite verse from the sermons Daddy preached was Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." We sang a pretty song to go with that verse, too.

Our family stayed over at Tim & Teresa's house, where I got to bang on the piano and play with their two doggies. I even went with Mom over to an older member's house for a game of Scrabble! I tried to practice my spelling while we were there. It's fun being the preacher's kid!

My tooth is popping up more and more, and so is my hair. I guess those are two things I'll have to learn how to brush!


Love,

Levi

*
*

P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "9:17 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Went to my first fish-fry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levi,
Has anyone told you lately how handsome you are? and really cute, too. My favorite picture is "farmer Levi" w/the squash, of course, and those "piggies"---just seem to be getting even bigger, I think (hope you can still wear those neat sandals your mom got for you). We loved your visit w/us a few weeks ago. Thank you for taking that long trip to see us! Tell your daddy that we have really enjoyed the vegetables from your garden and I am glad that you have been getting some of those great natural vitamins! So glad to hear that you had a good week at Severn! Tell your mommy that we surely do appreciate her time and effort to share these wonderful pictures and notes. Next picture request--Levi w/Mommy!
Love,
Granny