Saturday, April 5, 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail . . . I sure found lots of eggs that the Easter bunny left in Mimaw's yard (I picked a few flowers, too)! Did you find some eggs this year? I really love celebrating Easter -- we do so many fun things! First, I went to our Easter Egg-stravaganza at church and spent time with my friends. We ate hot dogs, played games, hunted for eggs, and even won prizes! Next, Mom boiled a bunch of eggs and I helped to dye them (Dad even dyed some). She wrote my name in crayon on one of the eggs, and guess what? It showed up after we put it in the dye! That was really cool.

On Sunday, we had an Easter breakfast at church and Grammy & Granddeddy came to eat with me. We learned in the Children's Moment that morning that Easter really isn't about bunnies and chicks; it's about Jesus' resurrection! Did you know that He died on the cross to save us from our sins? I was a little too small last year to understand, but I am so glad to know now what Easter is all about! After church, we drove to Mimaw's house, and I got to eat delicious food, visit with family, and hunt eggs all over again! It was my best Easter yet.

Since Mom's computer has been on the fritz, I've missed out on telling you about all of the other great happenings in Bethune! Before Easter, Tim & Teresa came for our church revival and stayed with us. I love it when they come over! Pastor Tim preached for the services, and lots of different people came to do music. I got to talk with my friend, Sterling, the night that her Mom & Dad played music for us. We all had a wonderful time together worshipping and singing songs.

After Easter, Brendan & Donnay came to visit! Dad had to do some counseling meetings with them before they are married, but the rest of the time we played together. I can't wait to get all dressed up in the outfit that Gee-Gee is making for me to wear in the wedding . . . Mom says I will be very handsome!


With love,

Levi
**

P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "3:13 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Starting to count and to say the ABCs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Levi,
We had such fun with you at Easter---and what a vocabulary you have now!!! Speaking of that, will you please tell your Mom that she has a wonderful gift for writing!!! When she finishes her masters studies, she should certainly consider sharing her talents with other children, too. By the way, you were very handsome in Brendan's former Easter suit---blue is definitely your color----to complement those beautiful eyes!
I love you so much,
Granny

Anonymous said...

hey levi,
You have got to stop growing so fast.Poor Gigi will have to enlarge your outfit for the wedding!
Congrats on taking your first steps.bet you will run down the aisle at Brendon's wedding!
my prayer is that you will grow daily in the knowledge and wisdom of God.He loves you so very much.
Much love,
Grammy