Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow . . . Can you believe it? The snow fell on us in Bethune! I'm told that this doesn't usually happen. We had a little bit last year, but it came in the middle of the night and was mostly melted by the time I woke up. But this year, Kershaw County was a winter wonderland! There were big shiny icicles hanging from our roof, snowflakes on the hammock, and my sandbox became a miniature ice skating rink. It was great!Fortunately in all of this unusual weather, I had my trusty red wagon to pull everyone around in (well, Mom & Dad drove me around in it a time or two, also). We pulled it across the street and took some pictures of our snowy church and fellowship hall. We posted those on our website (http://www.shamrockbaptistchurch.org/), if you want to take a look! After I rode in the wagon and slid down the hill a few times, Mom asked if I wanted to build a snowman but my hands were freezing! So, we decided to come inside and enjoy some hot cream of chicken soup while we thawed out. Overall, it was a super fun day, and I was able to break in my light-up Spiderman snow boots!
By last weekend, the snow was long gone, but that meant it was time to see all of my grandfolks! I visited with Grammy on Friday while Mom was at her graduate class, and guess where we went? I'll give you some clues: it's outdoors, starts with a "z", and sometimes you have to watch where you step. That's right . . . the zoo! I talked with the animals, rode on the merry-go-round, and made "choo-choo" sounds on the train. I love visiting that place! On Saturday, Granny & Gramps came to see me and we played and played and played -- mostly at the park. Gramps helped me go down the big tube slide, climb on the ropes, and spiral down the fireman's pole. I was all tuckered out after that playdate! I'll be counting the days (since I can count to ten now) until they come to visit me again!
Love always,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "6:31 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Other than playing in the snow for the first time, I helped Dad & Mom finally decide on my baby sissy's name, Lydia Eden
No comments:
Post a Comment