Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Easter
Egg-stravaganza! It's a bird, it's a plane . . . no, it's Superman dying Easter eggs! Mom helped me mix the dye, and I helped her turn the eggs so they would be bright and colorful! Unfortunately, I was unable to use my super powers to clean up the full bowl of dye that I spilled on the kitchen rug. But, at least it was the yellow one.

I had so much fun celebrating Easter this year! We had our yearly Easter children's party at church (where I became a professional egg-and-spoon racer) and our yummy sunrise Easter breakfast on Sunday morning. At our party, we hunted for candy-filled eggs, won prizes, ate a hot dog lunch, and played lots of games with real eggs! I was having so much fun tossing one of my eggs into the air, until I accidentally let it land on my friend, Jessie's head. She was a little upset, but her mom told her it would make her hair shiny. After our breakfast on Sunday, we had a great time in children's church learning about Jesus and doing even more fun Easter activities.

After our church service, we drove all the way to Mimaw's house for a delicious Easter lunch. We had all sorts of good things to eat! I also got to hunt eggs with my cousins, play with my golf clubs, and do whatever else I could to keep Granny on her toes, since she was the one mostly watching after me. Did I mention that I also had a basket filled with Lightning McQueen stuff (I love the Cars movie) from the Easter bunny? Even though we always have a really great time with all the eggs, candy, and bunnies, Mom & Dad make sure that I remember the real reason we celebrate Easter . . . the tomb is empty and Jesus is risen! Yea!

Some of the other fun things I have been a part of lately are: playing on my brand new swing set, partying with Mimaw at her surprise 80th birthday party, our church revival with Dr. Jack (you can hear his sermons on our website at http://www.shamrockbaptistchurch.org/), going to the Columbia Children's Museum with Grammy, picking strawberries at McLeod Farms, making my first visit to the public library, and lots of doctor's appointments with Mom & Lydia. Mom & I have been working so hard to get ready for my baby sister that we've gotten a little behind on posting -- that, and also the fact that Mom has a hard time getting any good pictures of me anymore because I won't stand still -- but we will try to have lots of updates once Lydia is here. Today is Mom's due date, so please pray that very soon I will have a healthy, happy little sister!


Love you lots,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "1:07 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Got my very own public library card

2 comments:

Christa said...

ooohhhhh! I want to help Levi!!! :)

Jane Todd said...

Sounds like you have really been having fun Levi! Sounds like you have a very smart mommy too. Hope Lydia is here very soon.