Thursday, June 25, 2009

Showing Baby Lydia the ropes . . . the ropes on the hammock, that is! Teaching Lydia how to swing in the hammock is just one of the important play skills I plan to share with her. When she gets a little older, she can climb on the playset with me, run in the sprinkler, blow bubbles, and dig in the dirt! If she likes swinging the clubs as much as I do, then I can teach her how to play golf, too. It shouldn't be too hard . . . as you can see in the picture, I've already taught her how to wave!

Over the past few weeks, Mom & I have enjoyed hanging out at home taking care of the baby. She really likes to be held a lot, so Mom doesn't have any hands left to do much else! Lydia cries more than I did, but it's because her tummy hurts sometimes (Mom says that mine did, too, but I don't really remember that). I try to make her feel better by singing songs, saying the alphabet, and reading to her. She even smiles at me once in a while! She's really smart.

Even though we haven't been out-and-about as much, Lydia has already had her first trip to lots of fun places -- the public library, the zoo, the park, a baby shower, a wedding, church revival, and some doctor's appointments (well, I guess going to the doctor wasn't fun, but everything else was)! And, she gets to come with me to two birthday parties this weekend. I've really been having fun showing her off to everybody!

There's another big event that's been going on at our house recently . . . potty-training! Mom & Dad took me to pick out my very own big-boy underwear (3 pairs each of Batman & Cars) and I've been trying not to mess them up! It's really hard remembering to tell Mom before it's too late, but I'm working on it. And every time I use the big potty, I get to pick out a sticker. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon, so that the only one wearing a diaper is the baby!


Love,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "12:29 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Taking care of business, if you know what I mean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear Levi and Lydia,I missed you so much while I was in SE ASIA and I showed your pictures to so many people who are seeking to know Isa {Jesus} as their savior.They are learning of a God who loved them too much to stay in heaven but sent Jesus to show us what the love of a Father looks like.I pray for the day when you come to know Jesus in this way.Your mommy made special bracelets to tell the story of Jesus even while she was very busy taking care of both of you!i missed you very much and am warning you both I am looking for bunches of hugs and kisses,even from you Levi!I love you so much,Grammy