ready for lift-off . . . Vacation Bible School was out of this world! Our theme was
"Operation Space: A Close Encounter with God's Word", the new VBS curriculum from Answers in Genesis (http://www.answersingenesis.org/). We learned all about the authority of the Bible and what it tells us about God's universe! Each day we were in BASIC Training:
B - Book of Books
A - Absolute Authority
S - Salvation Story
I - Incredible Impact
C - Cadet Challenge
We had opening assembly each evening (with a visit from a talking robot, I might add), class time, snacks, crafts, recreation, and singing. I learned a lot of new songs, including "This Little Light of Mine" & "Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man", and I enjoyed belting them out during the closing program. Mom led the craft time and we made all sorts of things, like cadet clipboards, glow-in-the-dark cross necklaces, cosmic comets, and shiny robots! One of the Bible verses we practiced during the week was "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" from Psalm 119:105. That means that the Bible will always lead me in the right direction!
Do you know what can float, kick, and squirt a water gun all at the same time? Me! I have been invited to a lot of different friends' swimming pools lately, and I have become a real little fishy! As long as I have my life vest and floaties on, I can make my way through the water like a speedy motorboat. Even Lydia put on her new flowery swimsuit and got her toes wet! Maybe next year I can start taking swimming lessons so that I can dip and dive all by myself!
Love always,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "5:30 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Went for my very first sleepover to Kayden & Trapp's house
1 comment:
Levi, it sounds like you had a great time at VBS. Glad that you are able to enjoy the pools at your friends' houses. I want to know how mommy did while you were at your sleepover. Thank you for telling us about your fun times growing up.
Post a Comment