Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sittin' on the dock of the bay . . . Here I am just bummin' around at the pier on our trip to Garden City! We had a blast, even though God made Lydia's & my skin super-white and we couldn't stay out in the sun for very long. We took cool walks in the evening, watched lots of fireworks, played in the pool, swam in the ocean, and made sand castles! Mom was even brave enough to take me out onto the dark beach at night to light sparklers a few times. Her thumb got sore from clicking the lighter so many times, but I was willing to make the sacrifice. This was Lydia's first trip to the ocean, so I tried to set a few ground rules . . .

1) No eating sand.
2) Close your eyes when Mom puts the sunscreen on your face.
3) Only big boys get to drive the racecars in the arcade.
4) No pee-peeing in the pool.
5) Don't stick your head between the rails on the condo porch.
6) Never let go of Dee-Da's hand, even if you see a fun golf cart to climb into.
7) Nothing spoils a nice day like a diaper full of seashells.

Hopefully I helped to make Lydia's first trip a memorable one! I hope your vacation this year was fun, too. Now, where did I put my sunglasses?


I love you,
*
Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "4:15 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Started practicing with my first real left-handed golf club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Levi, I enjoyed your pictures and comments very much. You have been truly blessed to have a mommy and daddy that love you so much! Thank you for sharing your life with us and for letting us see Jesus through you. Take care of your little sister, Lydia Eden. She's a sweetie like you. Maybe y'all can come and visit us again soon.

Love,
Ms. Darla