First, on the more "interesting" rather than fun side, I went to the doctor for my four month check-up. I weighed thirteen pounds and had grown almost 25 inches tall! The doctor said that I was a very long baby (I've learned that people say "long" instead of "tall" when you spend your life lying down rather than standing up), but Mom says she just hopes I outgrow her someday. While I was there, I had to get some yucky shots in my little legs, but I was happy with the nurse's choice of pink & yellow flowered band-aids. Levi was upset about my shots, too . . . he almost started crying and told Mom not to let them hurt me. But, Mom calmed him down and then the nurse gave him a sticker, too. Didn't God give me a great big brother?
On the "fun" side, I got to meet my great-aunt Monica for the very first time! She lives all the way across the country in California, so I was very excited that she was able to visit me! Monica is a nurse and works with little babies every day, so she is a really good baby-holder (I've learned that some folks just have the knack for it). Maybe someday soon I can fly on a big airplane to see where she lives and visit my great-uncle Ken. They also have some doggies that I'm sure are looking forward to licking me!
Over the past month, I've also had many wonderful times visiting with my grandparents, great-grandparents, cousins, and friends. Levi & I went to play with our good friend Sterling, and we got to meet her new baby sister. She's even littler than me! I know we will have lots of fun times in the future growing and playing together. I also have another new friend at church, baby Brooke. She's littler than me, too! I am so thankful for all of my baby friends, and big friends, too!
As each day goes by, I'm doing more and more new things. A few weeks ago while Mom was at work, I was lying on the sofa and decided to roll over for Dee-Da. I thought he might like that! It's harder to roll over in front of Mom, because that would mean she couldn't hold me (I really don't like being by myself very much). I can sit up with a little help, play with my toys, use my bouncy seat, and soon Mom's going to let me have my first bite of cereal. It sounds delicious! Watch out fruits and veggies, here I come!
*
*
Love you bunches,
*
Lydia
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "7:35 AM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
Milestone of the week: Since I've already mentioned mine, I'll let everyone know that Levi can spell his first name (except the "v" sounds like "b")
2 comments:
Hello Miss Lydia,
I am Donna, your Aunt Donnay's mom. We haven't met yet but I look very forward to our meeting someday. Hopefully sometime when you are at your G'ma & G'pa Elkins' house. I was happy to see new pics of you and Levi. You both are precious and growing so fast!! Please tell Levi, your Mommy and Daddy hello for me!!
Dear Sweet, Precious Lydia,
I am not sure that I am glad you are already old enough to "blog", but I loved your first one! Can you please save me a picture of the "pretty in pink"? Also, I did not know that Sterling had a baby sister, too! Loved that construction co.! Are you bouncing while Mommy is crafting? I am soooo proud of your big brother and how he takes such good care of you. He will be teaching you how to talk, sing, spell and read before we know it! Can't wait for our Halloween and craft fair visits....Love you soooo much
Granny
Post a Comment