Thursday, November 12, 2009

And the lion shall lie down with the
lamb . . . Happy Fall, everyone! Lydia and I had such a fun time dressing up in our costumes this year! Mom said I should mention that the actual Bible verse from Isaiah 11:6 reads, "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them." I hope we have brought a reminder of Christ's peace to you this season! Isaiah also says that I'll eat straw like an ox -- as you can see behind me, there was plenty of that at McLeod's Pumpkin Farm this year! We went on a hayride to pick pumpkins, played on the tractors, climbed on the hay stacks, and just had a great time! And that was just one of the fun things we got to do . . .

The Wednesday before Halloween, we had our annual Shamrock Baptist Church Fall Festival. There were so many cool activities! My favorite was the fishing station . . . I tossed my fishing line over the wall and when I pulled it back, there was candy on the hook. I like fish, but who would throw back a peanut butter cup? After we went around to everyone's car for trunk-or-treat, we visited our church friends' farm for a hayride through the woods! I held Lydia's hand so that she wouldn't be scared (and Dee-Da held my other hand so that I wouldn't be scared). I'll bet those cows and horses didn't expect to see a ferocious lion prowling around!

The night before Halloween, Dad, Mom, and our grandparents took us to Boo at the Zoo! There were lots of orange lights, candy stations, creatures to pet, kids in costumes, and sleepy zoo animals. There was even a marshmallow-roasting station, but Dee-Da had to help me hold the stick. I rode on the spooky train, the creepy carousel, and of course had my picture taken with the lion statue! Lydia's too small to do all of those big-kid things, so she spent her time watching and just being a cute little lamb. I hope we can go back to Boo at the Zoo again next year!

Our final candy-collecting event for the weekend was trick-or-treating in Grammy & Granddeddy's neighborhood. Granny & Gramps went, too (they all came as undercover lion tamers). Sometimes I let out a big roar when folks came to answer the door! By this time, Lydia & I had enough candy to last us for years to come . . . or at least until Christmas, anyway. Even with all of the fun and excitement, an even more memorable event happened on Sunday morning -- Lydia's baby dedication! I'm handing over the keyboard, so she should have another blog posted soon! (It takes her a little longer to type.)


With love,

Levi


P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "1:20 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.

Milestone of the week: Went to my first movie in the theater, Astro Boy

No comments: