Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me! How old am I? One year old! Could any kid have more fun at his first birthday party than I did? I don't think so! There were VeggieTales everywhere, and so many of my family members and friends came. We ate hot dogs, chili, chips, and veggies, and after that I got to dig into my very own cake! Mom made a Bob & Larry cake for everyone else, but I really enjoyed having my own icing. Mmmmm . . . it was tasty. Mom & Granny decorated the White House with all kinds of VeggieTales stuff, we listened to VeggieTales music, and all the kids collected candy from my big red Bob pinata. Then, I tore open more presents than I could count! Everyone was so nice to bring me something, and now I have all sorts of new toys, clothes, books, and other goodies. Mom said that we'll watch the video from the party when I get older so I can remember how much fun I had!

My party was on a Saturday, but my real birthday was the day before Thanksgiving. We went to Grammy & Granddeddy's house, and then Gramps, Granny, Gee-Gee, and Uncle Brendan came to join us on Thanksgiving. We visited with lots of family on Thanksgiving, and we had a gobble-good time! We talked, played, and ate lots of yummy food, but most important of all we gave thanks to the Lord for His many blessings. Last year Mom & I were still in the hospital, so she was excited about spending the holiday with me and eating some fried turkey!

Dad, Mom, & I stayed in Columbia for some extra time after Thanksgiving because my Great-Grandma Opal went to be with Jesus. Dad preached at our church on Sunday, the visitation was on Monday, and then Dad preached for the funeral on Tuesday at the First Baptist Church in Columbia. It was sad for us, but we know that she is in Heaven so we are happy for her. She loved the Lord very much, and one day I'll be big enough to learn some of the Bible verses that she taught to Daddy!


Love,

Levi
*
*
P.S. To read others' comments, click on the
little "3:44 PM" below. If you would like to leave
a comment, click on the "comments" link.
*
Milestone of the week: Pulling up on anything and everything in sight

No comments: